Monday, 8 September 2008

blinded by animosity.

Be warned, this isn't like a personal insult to anyone, so keep an open mind about it.

I am reeeaaaally pissed with the state of Brunei right now, and honestly speaking I don't think it's going to change anytime soon. The whole obsession with skin colour and the narrow close-mindedness of each and every race they have, it's so stupid it's not even funny. And don't get me wrong, it's not everyone, just a heck of a LOT of people. They're just soooo.. so blah here. You can pretty much see clones walking around the mall because they barely have any personality or difference in the way they think, dress or whatever. And they tend to stare their eyes out at you if you stand out from their clonelike-ness, especially if you're not Asian in any way. The racistness is way out of hand, till the point you have like 5-year old kids in kindergarten spitting out racist slurs at their classmates, just cuz! I mean, hello! you're five freaking years old! And where do they learn that from? ffs man.
Maybe it's just me? I really don't know, but what I do know is I'd take the first ticket out of here if I'd got one, and I reeeeally wouldn't miss this country at all. Maybe I'm just saying this now, I don't know! And yes, I've met some of the people I love most here, but the bad just tips the balance a liiittle too much for me. I'm sorry to any of you people if this hurts your feelings okay, but it's true.

All that ranting's making my head ache, but I'm glad my feelings are out.

And I even had second, third, fourth thoughts about posting this, because I do really feel bad for the people who might take this personally, so, again.. sorry. I don't know what triggered it today, but something did.